To avoid the risk of spreading the virus, from 16th March 2020 volunteer visits to older people have been paused and replaced by phone calls wherever possible.
New volunteer applications will resume when it is safe to continue.
We have made the difficult decision to ask all our volunteers to pause home visits to older people until further notice.
However, volunteers will instead be making regular phone calls to those they support. For the latest information please visit the NHS / Conorovirus Covid 19 website
The NHS has advised that we should all:
- wash our hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash our hands when we get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover our mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not our hands) when we cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash our hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
For guidance on hand-washing : How to wash hands
And if you are concerned about symptoms : Find out what to do if you think you have symptoms
I’m feeling really anxious about coronavirus
It’s completely understandable to be worried about the impact coronavirus may have on you or those you care about. Try to stay calm and follow the official advice from the Government.
For more information go to the the charity Mind website:- Coronavirus and your wellbeing